June 2014 – Middle school students from Bethel, Brookfield, Danbury, Easton, Fairfield, Greenwich, Newtown, Norwalk, Redding, Riverside, Shelton, Stamford, Stratford, Trumbull, Weston, Westport, and Wilton were recognized as the state’s top Scholar Leaders at the 2014 Connecticut Association of Schools (CAS) Scholar Leader Banquet sponsored by the Connecticut and Western Massachusetts McDonald’s Owner/Operator Association. As part of its long standing commitment to supporting educational programs, McDonald’s owner/operators joined CAS to honor the following local students as the best of the best in the state at the banquet:
- Amanda Weiner and Patrick Joyce, Bethel Middle School, Bethel
- Emma Morton and Jacob Hopcroft, Whisconier Middle School, Brookfield
- Samantha Mortara and Nicholas Buetti, Broadview Middle School, Danbury
- Taylor Hobart and Alfred Assaf, Rogers Park Middle School, Danbury
- Kate Wegener and Christopher Bravo-Ibanez, Helen Keller Middle School, Easton
- Gillian Rooney and Evan O`Keefe, Fairfield Woods Middle School, Fairfield
- Logan Ciuci and John Blatt, Roger Ludlowe Middle School, Fairfield
- Julia Eustace and Jack Murphy, Tomlinson Middle School, Fairfield
- Sophia Lee and Henry Saleeby, Central Middle School, Greenwich
- Caroline Condon and James Barden, Newtown Middle School, Newtown
- Adiah Price-Tucker and Quint Bartush, Nathan Hale Middle School, Norwalk
- Trinity D. McFadden and Saul Partida, Ponus Ridge Middle School, Norwalk
- Kimberlie Dupiton and Daniel Robillard, Roton Middle School, Norwalk
- Olivia Bass and Jacob Lenes, John Read Middle School, Redding
- Kim Kockenmeister and Eric Hadley, Eastern Middle School, Riverside
- Deloshene Sittambalam and Kelan Smith, Shelton Intermediate School, Shelton
- Antonia Berlage and Cooper Healy, Scofield Magnet Middle School, Stamford
- Natalya Turbaba and Rohit Ramakrishnan, Flood Middle School, Stratford
- Hannah Shimura and Nicholas Satta, Wooster Middle School, Stratford
- Emma Crawford and Kevin Moccia, Hillcrest Middle School, Trumbull
- Elisabeth Stankevitz and Joshua Merkin, Madison Middle School, Trumbull
- Jane Paknia and Max Chayet, Weston Middle School, Weston
- Alin Pasa and Jackson Delgado, Bedford Middle School, Westport
- Anna Sivinski and Ryan Fincher, Coleytown Middle School, Westport
- Isabelle Koh and Cameron Berg, Middlebrook School, Wilton
“McDonald’s is proud to partner with CAS to congratulate and honor Connecticut’s top middle school students. We are pleased to recognize these scholar-leaders for their outstanding achievements inside the classroom and within their local communities,” said Rachel Deane, a local McDonald’s owner/operator and president of the Connecticut and Western Massachusetts McDonald’s Owner/Operator Association.
The Connecticut Scholar Leader Awards is the largest program of its type in the state. The award is presented to one male and one female student in each middle school whose record of academic achievement and service have been truly exemplary, whose personal standards and accomplishments are a model for others and who possess high levels of integrity, self discipline, honesty and courage.
The Connecticut and Western Massachusetts McDonald’s Owner/Operator Association is comprised of local McDonald’s restaurant owners who are community and industry leaders. They have a long-standing commitment to supporting educational initiatives and organizations in the communities they serve, including providing resources to promote balanced, active lifestyles to kids and nutritional information for families. For more information, follow us on Facebook or Twitter @McD_CTWMA.
McDonald's USA, LLC, serves a variety of menu options made with quality ingredients to more than 27 million customers every day. Nearly 90 percent of McDonald's 14,000 U.S. restaurants are independently owned and operated by businessmen and women. Customers can now log online for free at approximately 11,500 participating Wi-Fi enabled McDonald's U.S. restaurants. For more information, visit www.mcdonalds.com, or follow us on Twitter @McDonalds and Facebook www.facebook.com/mcdonalds.