Preppy mecca J. McLaughlin originally opened in downtown, but the store closed for three years before reopening at 1026 Post Road East.
The flagship store, housed in the former Leonards Antiques location, opened on October 30, 2010.
The 5,500 square foot store was a departure from their typical small boutique format. The McLaughlin brothers, Jay and Kevin, closed their original Westport location on Main Street more than six years ago.
For now, the sea-foam blue building on Post Road East remains available. The color is an ode to the slate blue barns of Connecticut and New York State.
Interested in Westport's news, events, community bulletins, blogs and businesses? Sign up for the free Westport Patch daily newsletter, "like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.