Winter means it’s budget season.
In the coming days, the town’s finance officials will get down to the nitty-gritty of examining the spending requests of all the administration’s agencies and departments for the 2011-2012 fiscal.
The bad news is that lower tax levies could put a rein on the town’s spending plans. According to the Town Assessor’s 2010 Grand List of all taxable property, the total value dipped by 12.4 percent from a year earlier, squeezed by a 13.2 percent drop in real estate valuations.
Here, Patch looks at the top ten companies and individuals who are putting in to the town’s pockets.
- 1. Top of the roll by a large margin is Connecticut Light & Power Inc, which is assessed at $115.7 million for `personal property’, which in the utility’s case relates to equipment such as transmission cables and transformers.
- 2. ., owner of the corporate office hub at 60 Nyala Farms Road, is calculated at $78. 3 million.
- 3. Marc and Cathy Lasry are assessed for $22.6 million in relation to their residential property. Multi-millionaire Marc Lasry is co-founder and chief executive of investment manager Avenue Capital Group.
- 4. Riverside Office 285 & 335 LLC is assessed for $22 million for its waterfront business properties.
- 5. Ronnie Heyman and the estate of her late husband, financier and philanthropist Samuel Heyman, are levied for $20 million of residential real estate.
- 6. Roseville Estates Inc is assessed for $19.8 million in relation to 1177 Post Rd East retail strip.
- 7. , owner of the office building at 55 Greens Farms Rd, will is worth $19.1 million. Parent Allianz recently said it is which was housed in the building, but will retain its real estate unit in the same office.
- 8. Byelas Irving Irrevocable Trust is assessed for $17.1 million for 1790 Post Road E., known more commonly as the site of .
- 9. ., a giant hedge fund and one of the town’s largest employers, is levied for $15.8 million because of its property at 1 Glendinning Place, off Wilton Road.
- 10. Westjust LLC assessed at $14.5 million in relation to the shopping plaza at 1850 Post Rd East, which is dominated by retailer Home Goods.
2010 Grand List: Top TaxpayersPayer Property Assessment Connecticut Light & Power Inc Personal Property $115,676,470 Nyala Farms Inc 60 Nyala Farms Rd $78,274,120 Marc & Cathy Lasry Residential $22,607,600 Riverside Office 285 & 355 LLC 285 & 355 Riverside Ave $21,990,600 Heyman Ronnie F & Samuel J Est Residential $19,994,700 Roseville Estates Inc 1177 Post Rd E $19,832,960 Allianz Life Insurance Company 55 Greens Farms Rd $19,075,500 Byelas Irving Irrevocable Trust 1790 Post Rd E $17,112,200 Bridgewater Associates Inc. 1 Glendinning Pl. $15,818,830 Westjust LLC 1850 Post Rd E $14,519,200
The assessed value in the 2010 Grand List can be broken down as such.
Percentage of List
Correction: The correct address for the Roseville Estate is 1177 Post Road E., not 1777 Post Road E.