The U.S. Coast Guard Dixieland Jazz Band will perform at The Levitt Pavilion for the Performing Arts; attend Integrative Nutrition with Manu Dawson at Kaia Yoga and more.
- The U.S. Coast Guard Dixieland Jazz Band will perform at from 8 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. The band was organized in 1970 to perform classic jazz, blues, and rags with a “New Orleans” flavor. The Dixieland Jazz Band has entertained audiences across America, in the former Soviet Union and in the U.K. Notable venues include Disney World, the Atlantic City Boardwalk, Milwaukee’s “Galaxy Jazz Festival”, San Francisco’s Embarcadero, the John F. Kennedy Center Millennium Stage in Washington, D.C., Mardi Gras in New Orleans. The 5-member group has also performed on radio and television broadcasts.
- Attend Integrative Nutrition with Manu Dawson from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. at . A clean, wholesome diet can dramatically improve health and well-being and help you establish an appropriate body weight. New vegetarians and vegans and those wishing to expand their range of choices will discover food combinations, the effect of food on energy and the mind, and the importance of balancing raw foods with cooked ones.
- The Sasco Brook Pollution Abatement Committee will meet at 10 a.m. at .
- The Summer Splash benefit concert will take place at the Fairfield Theatre Company from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. The event will be an African Sounds & Delta Blues music concert to benefit HEROS, Inc. Walter Lewis, of Connecticut, and his Delta Blues Trio and Famoro, of Africa, and his West African ensemble, Kakande, will perform. HEROS works with Bridgeport high school students in leadership, development and global awareness through school building service learning projects in Benin, West Africa.
- During the New Canaan Restaurant Week kickoff event Thursday titled “Taste of the Town,” participants will donate an item to the New Canaan Food Pantry in exchange for an opportunity to win give-a-ways provided by sponsors including American Airlines. The event will take place at from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. To become eligible, a “stroll map” (obtained in exchange for a food pantry donation) must be hole-punched at each of the twenty plus designated location and returned to Chamber Executive Director, Tucker Murphy by 9:00 p.m. Thursday. Prizes include two round trip business class tickets to Europe or South America courtesy of American Airlines, a 16-inch pearl necklace with a gold clasp provided by L'Armoire, a cashmere cable knit crew neck Ralph Lauren sweater, four Broadway tickets to Mary Poppins and $50.00 gift certificates to participating restaurants.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now