- Do you have Columbus Day off from work or school? It is going to be unseasonably warm today — according to the National Weather Service the high is expected to reach 84 degrees — so it could be a great beach day, and certainly one of the last of this season. Why not head out to or ?
- The leaves are finally starting to change — will it be a good “leaf peeper” season? A recent article on Westport Patch, “Enjoy The Beauty Of Autumn In Connecticut” lists numerous places in the state where one can go and soak in the fall foliage, but it fails to mention any of Westport’s Parks. , off Bayberry Lane, for example, is a great little park to go see fall foliage, as is . (What’s your favorite place in Westport to view fall foliage?)
- An exhibit honoring famous architect and homebuilder Fraser Peters is currently on display at the . The exhibit, titled “The Wit & Wisdom of Frazier Forman Peters,” honors Peters’ contribution to the landscape of Westport. It includes photographs of Peters’ houses, artifacts, a model of stone construction method, and materials highlighting his construction methodology and stylistic characteristics. The exhibit can be viewed today from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The will hold a Columbus Day Halloween Workshop for children from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. today. Geared for children age 5 to 10, the workshop, taught by Elizabeth DeVoll, will include creative fun, crafts, and tricks and treats to prepare for Halloween day! Space is limited — call 203-222-1424 to register.
- The Westport Public Works Department has announced that roadwork has been scheduled for today, Oct. 10, on Imperial Avenue, and tomorrow, Oct. 11 for Parker Harding Plaza, weather permitting. Parker Harding, which offers the bulk of parking for the downtown retail district, has been under construction for about the past month as part of a resurfacing project.