Board of Selectmen to meet, Connecticut Public Transportation Commission will hold public hearing and more.
- The will hold a public hearing at 7:30 p.m. in the Westport Town Hall auditorium to gather testimony from the public, transportation providers, public officials and other entities concerning the operation of public transportation services including Metro-North train service, bus services of the Westport Transit District, Norwalk Transit District, and Connecticut Transit, paratransit services and other issues.
- The Board of Selectmen will meet at 4 p.m. in Room 309 of Town Hall. On the agenda is discussion of the establishment of a crosswalk on the Parker Harding Plaza roadway at the intersection of the Gorham Island building complex, as recommended by the Westport Police Department. Also on the agenda is acceptance of a gift of a new golf halfway house at Longshore Club Park Golf Course valued at $225,000 from The 9th & ½ Hole Committee, LLC as recommended by the Parks and Recreation Commission and to forward to Representative Town Meeting for consideration, among other agenda items.
- Area artists Carmela Kaufman, Virginia Zimmermann, Betty Ball, Michele Gage and Chris Craymer will be at the from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. to discuss their works and artistic processes. The gallery program will also include a Q&A.
- Westport and Weston residents are on two potential designs for the button that will be used for admission during the upcoming Westport-Weston First Night Celebration on New Year’s Eve. This year Westport graphic designer Miggs Burroughs has designed two buttons and the public can vote for their favorite by visiting the First Night Westport Weston website at www.firstnightww.com or by visit the event’s Facebook page. After the winning design has been chosen, the buttons will be available in numerous locations around town at a cost of $10 if purchased before December 15; $15 thereafter. For more info call 203-341-1041.
- Children will be able to make and enjoy their own fruit smoothies during a free class at the Kids Zone at at 3 p.m. today. In this hands-on class for kids aged 5 to 9 they will learn how easy (and fun) it is to enjoy fresh, whole fruits and veggies by creating smoothies. To sign up for the class, call (203) 227-6858.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now