Update, 2:24 p.m.
The school sent out its second update regarding the lockdown at Weston High School Wednesday afternoon:
Out of an abundance of caution, Weston High School is currently evacuating all students in an orderly fashion under the supervision of the Weston Police Department due to an unconfirmed threat. Students are being evacuated to Weston Middle School and Weston Intermediate School. The high school evacuation will allow the Weston Police Department to search the entire building.
- Buses will depart for high school students only at approximately 2:00 p.m. Buses will be staged in front of WIS and WMS. Student drivers will be escorted to parking lots from either WIS or WMS, and every car will be searched by police before releasing student drivers one by one.
- Buses will return to campus for the next bus tier for WMS students only – this will delay dismissal time to approximately 2:45 p.m.
- Buses will then again return to campus for a third tier today at WIS and HES – this will delay dismissal time to approximately 3:30 p.m.
- All after-school activities have been canceled.
- The Weston Police Department has asked that all high school students take the bus home this afternoon and that parents not personally pick up their student to keep the front of the high school clear from traffic.
- Parents may pick up their child at dismissal time at HES, WIS, and WMS for these schools only.
We will update you with dismissal times as we manage the flow of buses.
Weston High School is temprorarily locked down, according to an email blast sent out from the school Wednesday afternoon.
"As a precautionary measure Weston High School has been placed in a temporary lockdown in response to an unconfirmed threat," the email blast reads. "The other three schools are not in lockdown."
Check back for updates, which will be posted as soon as they're available.