With the coming of springtime, it's prime time to enjoy this weekend's variety of events lined up in and around town.
Author Stephen Battaglio: “David Susskind: A Televised Life”
- Where: Westport Public Library, 20 Jesup Road
- When: Sunday, 2-3 p.m.
- Why go: An author, media journalist and business editor for TV Guide, Stephen Battaglio will discuss his biography of “maverick” producer and talk show host David Susskind, “who helped define the television industry from the 1950s through the 1970s with such shows as 'East Side/West Side' and 'N.Y.P.D.,'" according to the library’s description
- Price: Free
- Where: , 30 Hillspoint Road, Westport
- When: Sunday, 4-6 p.m.
- Why go: The synagogue presents speakers from Norwalk Hospital: Dr. George Zahrah, director of genetics; Jessica Lipshutz, genetic counselor; and Mary Heery, breast health specialist. Speakers will address why “Jews are more susceptible to some types of cancer than non-Jews,” according to the announcement. There will also be a time for questions.
- Price: Free, open to the public. RSVP by calling The Conservative Synagogue office at 203-454-4673.
7th Annual A Better Chance (ABC) of Westport’s Dream Event
- Where: , 10 Lyons Plains Rd, Westport
- When: Saturday, 6:30-10:30 p.m.
- Why go: “A Better Chance: Where Dreams Become Reality” will include food, entertainment and both a live and silent auction. View online auction items. Proceeds will benefit ABC of Westport, “a non-profit program “dedicated to helping motivated students of color from educationally disadvantages areas.” For more information on this event or ABC of Westport email email@example.com or visit www.abetterchanceofwestport.org
- Price: For ticket information contact ABC Westport through the above links.
Sheep Shearing Demonstration
- Where: Ambler Farm 257 Hurlbutt Street, Wilton
- When: Saturday, 2 p.m.
- Why go: Nutmeg and Clover are ready for their spring shearing. Watch the demonstration and “learn how wool is carded and spun into yarn” as demonstrated by the
- Price: $10 per person
Mothers of Multiples Spring Tag Sale
- Where: St. Thomas Apostle Church, 208 East Ave, Norwalk
- When: Saturday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Why go: This tag sale presented by Mothers of Multiples of Lower Fairfield County (MOMSLFC) offers merchandise for infants to pre-teen size 12 including gear, toys and clothing galore. No strollers are permitted. For more information click MOMSLFC
- Price: No admission; purchases are cash-only.
Friends of the Library Paperback Book Sale
- Where:Ridgefield Library, 472 Main Street
- When: Friday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday, 9-5
- Why go: Browse through thousands of pocket-style paperbacks and pick up old favorites or new reads in the Storytime Sculpture Room. For more information contact Ann Jepson at 203-438-2282, ext. 501, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Price: Only 50 cents each; cash only will be accepted.
Piano Jazz Summit
- Where: , 1073 N Benson Rd, Fairfield
- Why go: Jazz impresario George Wein brings together three generations of solo virtuoso jazz pianists: Cedar Walton, Jacky Terrasson and Hiromi Uehara. For more summit information click here
Become a blogger today!
Get started now