- Shakella Bond, 19, of 369 Henry Avenue, Stratford, was charged with third-degree assault Nov. 5. Officers responded to Stratford Police Department where Bond was held on an outstanding warrant for assault. The original incident occurred in June when Bond allegedly assaulted another woman at . Custody of Bond was then turned over to Milford Police for an outstanding warrant from their department. She was released on a promise to appear in court Nov. 15.
- Angel Cruz, 29, of 26 Hayes Street, Bridgeport, was charged with failure to pay or plead Nov. 3. The vehicle Cruz was operating did not display a front marker plate. When stopped, he was found to have a warrant for failure to pay or plead for an infraction issued by Bridgeport Police for a town ordinance violation. He was taken into custody and later released after posting bond.
- Joseph Warner, 20, of Orange, was charged Nov. 3 with possession of a controlled substance – narcotics, drug paraphernalia, conspiracy to commit sixth-degree larceny from a motor vehicle and misuse of plates. Officers responded to a report of a suspicious car and person outside of the . Officers located Warner, who stated he was just walking back to his car, which was parked alongside the building. There was no front plate on the mini van and the vehicle was left running with the rear sliding door open. Officers then located a registration plate that did not belong on the vehicle and it was loosely attached over another registration plate. Warner did not have any ID on him so he was taken into custody for the misuse charge. While at , he was searched and a capped syringe was found in his front right pocket. It tested positive for the presence of heroin. He was originally held on a $5000.00 bond, but the bail commissioner reduced it to a promise to appear in court Nov. 14.
- Michael Reed, 38, of 29 Bassett Avenue, Ansonia, was charged with DUI, disobeying the signal of an officer, illegal operation of a motor vehicle under suspension, failure to have lights on and refusal to be fingerprinted Nov. 3.
- Thomas Frey, 53, of 1655 Post Road East, Westport, was charged with third-degree assault and disorderly conduct Nov. 6. He was issued a $5,000 bond for court.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something