- Annabel Rivera, 41, of 36 Bonner Street, Stamford, was charged with possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia Oct. 30. Officers responded to 880 Post Road East on a report of a suspicious car. When the first officer arrived, he observed the operator, later identified as Rivera, with a syringe and she appeared to be getting ready to "shoot" up. She was ordered out of the car and officers then located a small plastic bag between the drivers seat and the console that contained a brownish powder substance and syringes inside. The substance tested positive for heroin on the scene. She was taken into custody and later released on a promise to appear in court Nov. 8 per the bail commissioner.
- Cody Ropiak, 20, of 436 Riverside Avenue, Westport, was charged Oct. 28 with weapons in a motor vehicle. Ropiak was operating a vehicle on Post Road without its head lights lit. Upon stopping the vehicle, the officer could detect a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. Upon searching the vehicle, the officer located a small amount of marijuana under drivers’ seat inside a piece of plastic and also found a small marijuana cigarette. While searching for more contraband, a black martial arts weapon was found inside a back pack with the name CODY on it. Police described it as a throwing type knife. The object had three blades and when unfolded it resembles a star. He was taken into custody for the weapons charge and was released on a promise to appear in court Nov. 7 per the bail commissioner. He was issued an infraction for possession of less than a half ounce of marijuana.
- Guadalype Martinez, 22, of 200 Calhoun Avenue, Bridgeport, was charged with third-degree assault and breach of peace. Officers responded to the Sherwood Island Connector commuter parking lot where a domestic dispute occurred in a vehicle between Martinez and her fiancé. She was given a summons to appear in court Oct. 27.
- Simon Billig, 45, of 81 Kettle Creek Road, Weston, was charged Oct. 27 with two counts of second-degree forgery, two counts of sixth-degree larceny, attempt to obtain a medication and obtaining a controlled drug with a forged prescription. Officers responded to on a report of a man attempting to acquire prescription medication with a forged prescription. Billig allegedly made blank copies of an original prescription from a doctor in Fairfield to write the forged prescriptions. He was taken into custody and later released after posting a $5,000 bond. He is due in court Nov. 7.
- Chanea Johnson, 19, of 161 Columbus Avenue, Stratford, was charged Oct. 29 with breach of peace. She was released on a promise to appear in court Oct. 31. Carole Johnson, 26, of 515 Railroad Avenue, Bridgeport, was charged Oct. 29 with second-degree assault and breach of peace. She was released on a promise to appear in court Oct. 31. A domestic dispute occurred between two sisters at the Homegoods Store where both are employed.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something