- Annabel Rivera, 41, of 36 Bonner Street, Stamford, was charged with possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia Oct. 30. Officers responded to 880 Post Road East on a report of a suspicious car. When the first officer arrived, he observed the operator, later identified as Rivera, with a syringe and she appeared to be getting ready to "shoot" up. She was ordered out of the car and officers then located a small plastic bag between the drivers seat and the console that contained a brownish powder substance and syringes inside. The substance tested positive for heroin on the scene. She was taken into custody and later released on a promise to appear in court Nov. 8 per the bail commissioner.
- Cody Ropiak, 20, of 436 Riverside Avenue, Westport, was charged Oct. 28 with weapons in a motor vehicle. Ropiak was operating a vehicle on Post Road without its head lights lit. Upon stopping the vehicle, the officer could detect a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. Upon searching the vehicle, the officer located a small amount of marijuana under drivers’ seat inside a piece of plastic and also found a small marijuana cigarette. While searching for more contraband, a black martial arts weapon was found inside a back pack with the name CODY on it. Police described it as a throwing type knife. The object had three blades and when unfolded it resembles a star. He was taken into custody for the weapons charge and was released on a promise to appear in court Nov. 7 per the bail commissioner. He was issued an infraction for possession of less than a half ounce of marijuana.
- Guadalype Martinez, 22, of 200 Calhoun Avenue, Bridgeport, was charged with third-degree assault and breach of peace. Officers responded to the Sherwood Island Connector commuter parking lot where a domestic dispute occurred in a vehicle between Martinez and her fiancé. She was given a summons to appear in court Oct. 27.
- Simon Billig, 45, of 81 Kettle Creek Road, Weston, was charged Oct. 27 with two counts of second-degree forgery, two counts of sixth-degree larceny, attempt to obtain a medication and obtaining a controlled drug with a forged prescription. Officers responded to on a report of a man attempting to acquire prescription medication with a forged prescription. Billig allegedly made blank copies of an original prescription from a doctor in Fairfield to write the forged prescriptions. He was taken into custody and later released after posting a $5,000 bond. He is due in court Nov. 7.
- Chanea Johnson, 19, of 161 Columbus Avenue, Stratford, was charged Oct. 29 with breach of peace. She was released on a promise to appear in court Oct. 31. Carole Johnson, 26, of 515 Railroad Avenue, Bridgeport, was charged Oct. 29 with second-degree assault and breach of peace. She was released on a promise to appear in court Oct. 31. A domestic dispute occurred between two sisters at the Homegoods Store where both are employed.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something