Those electors registered with the Democratic or Republican Party may qualify for one of the following reasons:
- Active service in the armed forces of the United States;
- Illness or physical disability;
- Religious tenets, which forbid secular activity on the day of the election;
- Duties as an election official at the polling place other than their own during all of the hours of voting.
- Absence from the town during all of the hours of voting.
Application for a ballot can be requested in person at the Town Clerk’s office located in Room 105 at , 110 Myrtle Ave, or by calling 203-341-1110.
Interested in Westport's news, events, community bulletins, blogs and businesses? Sign up for the free Westport Patch daily newsletter, "like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
The application form is also available on-line by downloading the form at www.westportct.gov/townclerk.
Absentee ballots will be available now through Monday, August 13, the day before the primaries.