Town Clerk Patricia Strauss announced today that absentee ballots for the Municipal Election, to be held Nov 6, are available at theTown Clerk's office, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. beginning Friday, Oct 5.
Registered electors may qualify for the following reasons:
- Active service in the armed forces of the United States;
- Illness or physical disability;
- Religious tenets, which forbid secular activity on the day of the election;
- Duties as an election official at the polling place other than their own during all of the hours of voting.
- Absence from the town during all of the hours of voting.
Application for a ballot can be requested in person at the Town Clerk’s office located in Room 105 at Westport Town Hall, 110 Myrtle Ave., or by calling 341-1110. The application form is also available on-line by downloading the form at www.westportct.gov.
Interested in Westport's news, events, community bulletins, blogs and businesses? Sign up for the free Westport Patch daily newsletter, "like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.