Westport residents interested in participating in one of the town's Parks and Recreation fall and winter programs, take note: registration begins Tuesday.
Folks can register online starting at 9 a.m. Tuesday by visiting the Parks and Recreation Department's website; or mail, fax, or drop off registrations starting Monday, Sept. 9. The office is located at 260 Compo Road South.
The department officers a "wide variety of programs for children and adults," according to the Parks and Recreation website.
"We hope that you come, participate, and have fun - happiness happens here!"
Here's the list of programs and activities for adults and kids offered this fall and winter:
- Tennis Instruction: Adult / Youth / Pee Wee
- Fitness Swimming (for children ages 8 - 14)
- Ice Skating and Hockey Instruction (all ages)
- Inclusive Recreation
- Karate (For children in kindergarten through fifth grade)
- Open Gym Activities (men's and women's asketball, adult soccer)
- Sports Squirts (introduces different sports to children ages 2 - 5)
- Youth Basketball (pre-k through second grade)
- Youth Basketball (third through twelfth grade)