- Art Café, a forum for discussing the latest news in the arts, hosted by Helen Kessler During, will be held from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the Westport Arts Center. Attendees of this discussion group, which meets every Friday, will use The New York Times Friday Arts Section “as a springboard to discuss the latest exhibitions and events in the art world.” It is “a great way to meet other art enthusiasts and learn about exhibitions to visit.” Coffee and home-baked muffins will be served.
- The , charged with developing a plan to bring a senior housing facility and possibly a nursing home to the Town-owned Baron’s South property, will meet at 9:30 a.m. at Town Hall, however today’s meeting will be held in Room 102, as opposed to Room 309, where it usually meets each week.
- Westport’s new Chief of Police, Dale Call, and Deputy Chief of Police, Foti Koskinas, will be sworn in during a ceremony at 3:15 p.m. today at the Town Hall auditorium. First Selectman Gordon Joseloff the promotion of Call and Koskinas to their new posts on Wednesday.
- An exhibit honoring famous architect and homebuilder Fraser Peters is currently on display at the . The exhibit, titled “Earth, Air, Water, Fire: The Wit & Wisdom of Frazier Forman Peters,” honors Peters’ contribution to the landscape of Westport. It includes photographs of Peters’ houses, artifacts, a model of stone construction method, and materials highlighting his construction methodology and stylistic characteristics.
- Absentee ballots for the upcoming election on Nov. 8 are available starting today. An application for a ballot can be requested in person at the Town Clerk’s office located in Room 105 at the Town Hall, or by calling 203-341-1110. The application form is also available on-line from the Secretary of State's office.