Update: 8:00 a.m.
Following a lengthy discussion at a Board of Finance meeting Wednesday night, the board voted .
The board was less concerned about the additional $50,000 than the fact that Westport emergency personnel, including the Westport Police Department and Westport EMS, were not being included in the study.
Westport Police Chief Dale Call and members of the board questioned why a new plan would be implemented without consulting the Westport Police Department and the Westport Fire Department.
Last month the Board of Finance unanimously supported a $50,000 request from the Board of Education. The security audit will include the entire Westport School system and will evaluate school facilities and operations as well as bus operations.
The Board of Finance will discuss a proposal from the Bedford Square Associates concerning 25 Church Lane in downtown Westport. The board will also review the OPEB annual required contribution for the upcoming year, according to a finance board agenda.
Several appropriations will be voted on including:
- A request by Superintendent of Schools Dr. Elliot Landon for an additional appropriation .
- A request by Public Works Director Steve Edwards for an appropriation of $586,000(with bond and note authorization) to the Capital Account for the replacement of the Town Hall roof.
- A request by the Chairman of Downtown 2020 for an appropriation of $175,000 to the Miscellaneous Account to hire a consultant to assist the Downtown 2020 committee.
- A request by the Public Works Director Steve Edwards for an appropriation of Accounts for four repair projects due to Storm Sandy:
- $90,000 - Hillspoint Road Revetment & Sidewalk Repairs
- $75,000 - Beachside Avenue Revetment Repairs
- $20,000 - ER Straight Marina Revetment Repairs
- $150,000 - Burying Hill Beach Account
Interested in Westport's news, events, community bulletins, blogs and businesses? Sign up for the free Westport Patch daily newsletter, "like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.