.

Dryer Fire in Downtown Westport

The Washing Well, located in the back of the Parker Harding Plaza next to J. Crew, had a fire in one of its dryers.

 

Westport Firefighters responded to 139 Main Street to check a fire alarm Tuesday morning, according to Deputy Chief Robert Kepchar.

Upon arrival, firefighters discovered smoke coming from the crawl space in the back of the building, Kepchar said. The call was upgraded and additional Firefighters responded.

The source of the smoke was a commercial dryer fire containing burning towels inside of the Washing Well, located at 140 Parker Harding Plaza, Kepchar said.

Firefighters overhauled the remains of the towels and Fire Marshal Zygmant responded to conduct the fire investigation. The last fire unit left the scene at about 9 a.m., according to Kepchar.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Interested in Westport's news, events, community bulletins, blogs and businesses? Sign up for the free Westport Patch daily newsletter, "like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something